eKaay - SMART LOGIN
Login with your smartphone - forget the password!
Nearly all Internet log-ins are via username/password. But there are two severe issues with the password method:
- The security issue ''Keylogger'': A trojan on the PC may steal the password, i.e. the identity.
- The usability issue ''Password Flood'': The Internet user has to memorize an enormous number of username/password combinations.
eKaay solves both problems by utilising the user's smartphone for the log-in:
Using eKaay the user does not have to memorize password and username, neither does he have to type them -
the cell phone takes care of the login!
Advantages for the portal user:
- No memorizing of password and username,
- no typing of the password into foreign PCs,
- passwordless log-in everywhere, on any device: PC, notebook, tablet, etc, and the on the smartphone itself.
The eKaay app is available for free for iPhones and Android smartphones.
Advantages for the portal:
- More security and comfortabilty for the portal users,
- less cancellations because of forgotten password or username,
- portal logo and URL are on the user's smartphone.
Interested portals may implement a test version of eKaay, please contact us.
You may try eKaay on the demo page.
Our Mission: Keys instead of Passwords!
Keys instead of Passwords!
Why are 99.9% of physical doors opened by keys and not by passwords?
Because humans prefer to look for the key in their pocket instead of searching for the password in their memory. Humans don't like passwords!
- they don't like to type them, and they even less like to memorize them.
For the virtual doors within the Internet there were no such keys available until recently - so there was no other way but passwords. But nowadays the smartphones are able to play this ''key'' role: they are able to become the key ring of the user for his online portals.
For most of the online portals a 2-factor authentication is not necessary - usually a replacement of the password by the smartphone is enough. There are no 2-factor physical doors - why should virtual doors be 2-factor?
After 70 years of computers, 45 years of Internet, and 20 years of WWW: Leave the password stone-age - and turn your smartphone into the key for your online portals!
- The eKaay log-in is a 1-factor something-you-have authentication, like a key.
- In case the user or the portal wants to have very high security, eKaay can be made a 2-factor authentication method. There are serveral ways, for example via an additional password on the PC, or a PIN protection on the smartphone (''App-PIN'').
But the best way is eKaay PIN because that PIN is not tappable -
neither on the PC nor on the smartphone.
- There is no central eKaay ID-server. In other words, once installed at a portal eKaay is just a bilateral system among the portal server and its users, like the password method.
- For portals which have their own app eKaay can be integrated easily into the app via a QR code scanner library (Android and iPhone).
- eKaay can easily be integrated into single-sign-on clusters of portals.
- July 2014: ekaay.in is starting to sell eKaay to portals in India and Asia.
- August 2014: Default language on www.ekaay.com is now English.
- Oktober 2014: After 2 years of negotiations about a patent from 2008 an agreement with the Spanish patent holder was reached. eKaay is from now on again free of patent liabilties.
- November 14th 2014: with eKaay iPhone App iOS 7 und 8 the scanner does not work (due to a interface change of Apple). We try to fix the problem quickly.